Erwan,

Using Tomcat under Windows is VERY easy if (and only if)
you follow step by step theses ....steps

1) Donwload
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2-beta-2/bin/jakarta-tomcat.zip

2) Verify, Control and get certain you have the JDK installed properly

3) Open you AUTOEXECT.bat file

assuming your jdk is in C:\\\\jdk

Add the line
PATH=C:\\\\jdk\\\\bin;%PATH%
JAVA_HOME=C:\\\\jdk

3) Unzip the jakarta-tomcat.zip file
Assuming you get c:\\\\jakarta-tomcat

4) Open ALL files in
c:\\\\jakarta-tomcat\\\\bin
and save them with whatever text editor you want

5)Double click on Startup.bat.....

6) Launch your browser and tape http:\\\\localhost:8080

7) have a beer

Note :
If your dos console complains about a problem of memory
right click on all your .bat files (those opened and saved
in step 4) select properties, select the tab memory and
auto to 4096

   Servlet Taverne
  http://www.interpasnet.com/JSS