Hi again,

I've got a small problem:

One of my classes is 'WebMarket'. It has a method getPriceQuoteMoney(..),
which returns a string.
In one of my (supplied) jsp pages, the following expression is written:

<%= WebMarket.getPriceQuoteMoney(currentQuote, PriceQuote.ASK_QUOTE_MONEY,
theMarket) %>

which returns a certain price, works great, no problems here.

Now I want to put this info in a String like this:

<% String cost = WebMarket.getPriceQuoteMoney(currentQuote,
PriceQuote.ASK_QUOTE_MONEY, theMarket) %>

but this returns an error.. what's wrong?
I understand the first code line is an expression and that it's being
evaluated on the server, but that doesn't mean that the same info isn't
available in the scriptlet (2nd line), right?

regards and thanks in advance,

Caspar van Vroonhoven
www.tradingcars.com
Amsterdam, the Netherlands

P.S: I'll be buying a book on JSP in a few minutes, so my current flow of
questions should decrease..