Hello Marcel,

Monday, August 07, 2000, 1:59:18 AM, you wrote:

MvK> When I use queries in a JavaBean, using JDBC classes and interfaces, to
MvK> get data from the database, there is no problem. However, now I want to
MvK> use a variable in a subquery of a query, e.g. in the query I mentioned
MvK> below I want to replace "Voorstellingcode = 1" by "Voorstellingcode =
MvK> var".
MvK> What is the syntax of that??

MvK> ("SELECT Count(Stoel.Rijnummer) AS cinr FROM Stoel GROUP BY
MvK> Stoel.Rijnummer, Stoel.Zaalcode HAVING Stoel.Zaalcode IN (SELECT
MvK> Zaalcode FROM Voorstelling WHERE Voorstellingcode = 1)");

You can not directly place variable name to SQL query. Dynamically
build SQL query string or use Prepare/Bind actions.

For example:

1.  build SQL string:

    String sql = "SELECT Count(Stoel.Rijnummer) AS cinr FROM Stoel GROUP BY
    Stoel.Rijnummer, Stoel.Zaalcode HAVING Stoel.Zaalcode IN (SELECT
    Zaalcode FROM Voorstelling WHERE Voorstellingcode = " + var + ")";

    where var store needed value

2. prepare/bind

   int val = 1;
   String sql = "SELECT Count(Stoel.Rijnummer) AS cinr FROM Stoel GROUP BY
   Stoel.Rijnummer, Stoel.Zaalcode HAVING Stoel.Zaalcode IN (SELECT
   Zaalcode FROM Voorstelling WHERE Voorstellingcode = ?)";

   PreparedStatement stmt = connection.prepareStatement(sql);
   stmt.setInt( 1, val);
   ResultSet rs = stms.executeQuery();

   and relax...

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]