You might want to keep the string value in a hidden field.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caspar van Vroonhoven [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 8:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Javascript + JSP + Including

Hey everyone,

I've got a little question about using Javascript and JSP together..:

How can I include parameters (..<here he goes again :-)>..) in a window
constructed by window.open in javascript...
This particular parameter is requested at the page where the javascript is,
so the real question is how to get a JSP string into a javascript one, so
that it can be put in my statement (if at all possible) like this:

 var cCW = window.open("/addinfo/currency.html?price=" + string +
","currencyConverter","HEIGHT=400,WIDTH=400");

where the string is supplied by jsp..
copying the whole <%= ..... %> thing doesn't work, I already tried that..

TIA,

Caspar van Vroonhoven
www.tradingcars.com
Amsterdam, The Netherlands