Does anyone know hoe to return the text of an html (HREF) link to
javaScript?  I am trying to find a way around  MSIE's pathetic
implementation of XML.

Bascially, I need to be able to create a link.  On the page the link would
say .. for instance "hi wally".  Then, I want to be able to popUp a
JavaScript alert box that would print the text of the link: "hi wally".
This would be a proof of the ability to extract the link text.

Would anyone know how to do this?  Otherwise, I have to scrap XML and do it
all with HTML.  :(

Thanks!

Neal