Hi all, I sent this to Sun, thought it might be of interest to the community...

I am using Tomcat 3.1 for a server side project.  I have a problem in
that I want to set headers, cookies specifically, from within an
included servlet, using the <jsp:include page=/myServlet> mechanism.

I see from the JSP 1.1 and Servlet 2.2 specs that this practice is
prohibited, and attempts to use it are ignored.  Thus Tomcat is
adhering to the specs in this case.  My question is "why is header
manipulation within included servlets/JSP forbidden.  Neither spec
gives any insight to the reasons for this behaviour.

Stuart Maclean
--
Stuart Maclean, Research Associate
University of Washington