Hi all guru

...i've one problem which is bugging me
since last two days.I NEED URGENT HELP
from all of u
...the problem is like this:
...creating a web-based application in which
one of the functionality is to UPLOAD a file
(in my case it will be .xls file)from the client's
machine. Now requirement is that if you select a file
to upload THEN IF THAT FILE is opened at the client's
system at that time then it SHOULD NOT UPLOAD the
file and give some Message to the User.It is to
prevent that the user could be editing the file
at that time and without saving he can go for
uploading(this is to prevent as application requires
this)...so we will prevent the UPLOAD if that file
is opened at that time.(if you have used
www.driveway.com then you would hv found that they
allow the UPLOAD taking the old ie last updated
file...this thing we want to prevent)

HOW TO GO ABOUT IT ?..I'm using Java, Servlet etc.
one thing i feel that i need to check the
Task Manager before uploading BUT still here atmost
we can check is whether that application(MS-Excel for
ex) is running and can't check which file...

HELP Please...if u have anything to say
on this problem

u can send at [EMAIL PROTECTED] also
thanx and regards,