Hi All,

I am trying to display binary data from the database directly to the browser
using OutputStream. This worked fine with a servlet using
ServletOutputStream.However, when I tried to do the same thing in JSP, It's
giving me an Illgal State Exception.
I went through the doc's, it says .. one can invoke either an Outputstream
or a getWriter on a Response object.
Servlet engine is creating a JSPwriter(out) on a response object  as soon as
it compiles to a servlet,
so when I say "OutputStream  outStream = response.getOutputStream();  "
it's giving me an IllegalStateException...
Though I tried to use default get writer object do the same , but it's of no
use.. as it supports only ASCII Characters.

Any help of yours would be greatly appreciated..!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Rao Santapur.
Information Technology
Rhodia, Inc.