Michael

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of skeptical
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 12:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: highly scalable network server app

yes, the transactions are very small. what i want to do is to service
multiple simultaneous udp requests. the number would be in the millions for
the whole distributed system but on one server it will probably be around
10k. i'd also want to create a thread pool instead of having 10k threads
recv'ing on 10k sockets. on windows nt and c++, you'd use i/o completion
port that creates a thread pool for you to service multiple socket i/o. how
can we do that in java?

tks,
peter