Hi All,

Working on a JSP/Bean architecture. This is a database driven search
application. When the user logs into the database, we are tracking his usage
with an entry in the database and when he logs out we update the database by
putting the end time. If he times out, then we measure some period of
inactivity and then update the database.
The problem happens when the user kills his browse or the system crashes. We
wanted to capture that event and update the database.

I've used JspDestroy() to call a method that inturn calls a stored procedure
to update the database. Now this method( setLogOut()) has to pick a variable
from the bean which has to be used to update that particular row in the
table.

I'm not able to access the beans from JspDestroy(). I tried putting that
variable in session using session.setAttribute(), but session is not
accessible in the JspDestroy().

Am I missing something.

"All I need is the variable from the bean to be accessible to my
JspDestroy()"

Regards

Siva

PharmQuest Corporation