Hi,
I have a html search result page (done in jsp/servlet) containing lines of
found records.

our client like to set up a save button on this page and it will invoke word
or excel window which will contain all the result data in Text(tab delimited
.txt) format or in CSV(Comma delimited .csv). then they can save as the
files to their local disk.

can someone share some idea or offering some sample code to implement this
kind of application?

I assume I can set ContextType to some MIME type to invoke excel or word,
but how the data in the page can be transfored to the excel or word in a
certain format? I need detailed help.

I really appreciate if anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Helen