From: Bradley McLain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 14 September 2000 11:35
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Stress Testing your JSP Site

we've tested apache jmeter and also the microsoft web application stress
tool (i cant remember the exact name).  the microsoft tool allows you to
record activity scripts, so it can be a bit easier.

the problem with such tools, however, is that we haven't found a way to
simulate real user activity effectively.  we can copy an url with parms and
bang away at a particular page, but our app is based on action classes and
request dispatcher, which we haven't really gotten to work with an automated
tool.  we always end up with session trouble.  our pages do almost nothing
apart from display logic, so with such tools we're not currently able to
test the real workhorses of our app which are the classes that our action
objects control.

i'd be keen to hear anyone else's views / suggestions on this issue.
unfortunately, the best 'stress-testing' tool i've found so far is everybody
in the company hitting the app at once from differenct clients..

--bradley mclain
usmoving.com

>From: JSP Insider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Stress Testing your JSP Site
>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:28:22 GMT
>
>Hello everyone
>
>Performing a quick survey to see which Web Stress testing tool you prefer
>using with JSP.
>
>While stress testing a JSP site is no different than stress testing a
>normal
>web site.
>I am curious to see which tools most Jsp Developers are using for this
>function.
>
>Thanks much!
>
>Casey Kochmer
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>JSP-INTEREST".
>Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:
>
>http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html
>http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.html
>http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=JSP
>http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=Servlets

This message contains information which may be privileged
and confidential and subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail, facsimile, or telephone and return or destroy the
original message. Sopheon and its officers are not responsible
for any statements or material in this e-mail and in any attachment
to it which might give rise to any criminal or civil claim.