From: Leena Albert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 6:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PLEASE HELP

Hi,
       I have a small problem in using datatype. In a javabean, I am getting
a value "A" from pl/sql procedure and am comparing it with a value "B"
entered in a textbox , that is "B" should be greater than or equal to "A". I
have declared "B" as double in the bean, as i need to use a decimal value
like 1234578899.12345678 .

double B = request.getParameter("txt1");

 Eventhough if i give value bigger than A, it is giving the value as low. If
i get less value for "A" and if i give bigger value than that for "B", it
works. I feel that, the value is getting truncated while getting the
parameter from the form .
             What datatype can i use, so that even if i use big values, it
should compare?

Thanks in advance,
Leena

 whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
 in error, please notify the sender by email and delete and
 destroy this message and its attachments.