Sorry to ask such a basic question...

I can use sendRedirects and forwards to send a user to a page of my choice
(for example if their session becomes invalid, I can redirect to login.jsp).

Is there a way I can specify a target, as in the HTML link:

<A HREF="/myURL.jsp" TARGET="_top">

but in a forward or sendRedirect:

if (iWantTo) {
    response.sendRedirect("myURL.jsp, "_top");
}

or some similar technique?????

Concise - understanding IT problems, delivering solutions, adding value to your
business.

 http://www.concise.co.uk     http://www.concisemobile.com

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use
of the information in it by any other person is not authorised. The
internet is not a secure transmission medium and therefore the content
of this email may have been changed without the consent of the originator.

If you are not the intended recipient please telephone our
Helpdesk immediately on +44 (020) 7250 4363.

For all other enquiries please phone +44 (020) 7336 7729.