Hi all,

many thanks for all the responses to my previous questions on the List.

I have more or less a trivial question; hope someone could help.
I am using JSP with JWSDK as a development tool. THe JSP file contains 2 applets' gui
objects and HTML form elements all mixed together. I am trying to pass a value from
one textfield of the first applet to the textfield of the second (applet1 to applet2).
In the Java code of applet2 and in an ActionPerformed method I created an cast object
of applet2 using the getAppletContext/getApplet. I am getting a NullPointerException
error during runtime and I determined the source of the error by catching it in the
code. Basically I am passing the wrong string argument to the getApplet method which
can not find and therefore can not return an object of type applet2.

I looked at the HTML source and found a translation to the <jsp:plugin tag I used to
place both applets on the same page. Translation includes an Object Tag but missing
the NAME ATTRIBUTE! [[[[I don't know enough how the engine is translating the
<jsp:plugin tag even though I had specified the applet name attribute in the jsp tag]]]

Thanks for your advice in advance!