It really depends on your company's or your customer's auditors and if they
view this as a security exposure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lorena Carlo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 4:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How risky it is to store passwords in a session variable

Hello all, Thanks for the answers, but you haven't really answer me if it is
dangerous to do this or not.  The reason why I want to do this is for
validating a user after he has accessed the program, I want him to re-enter
the password for some operations, and I don't want to access again the
database, so I want to validate it with the session variable.

Please answer me the question, and give alternatives if this is dangerous.

Thanks in advance

Lorena