Hi!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tripat Singh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 9:28 AM
Subject: Design and validation opinion

> Hi pals!!!
>
> I would like to have a opinion of all of you for validating fields in the
> html page.
>
> -- Whats is the preferable way to validate fields - server side in the
> servlet/jsp page or using the java script at the client end?
>
> -- What are the advantages and disadvantages of both the techniques?

Client-side validation is simply impossible.
I can create and send your application any kind of request I want --
indipendently from the HTML page that I have received: your application
*must* make server-side validation, or else it would crash.
Then, you could try to make client-side validation, that has a meaning only
to improve the user interface... but shouldn't be thought as being
semantically meaningful.

  Gruss.

Andrea Vicentini
System Engineer e-Business