From: Murphy, Chris (OTS-EDH) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 1:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Shooping cart

Here's how I did mine (I don't have SSL working, yet.)
1. Have a database that captures customer info and product info.
2. Pull your products from a database into jsp pages for display.
3. Use a session bean to remember the customer's shopping cart items, just
for the session.  This means that if the customer closes all of his browser
windows, the shopping cart will be empty.
4. When the customer is ready to checkout, then collect their customer info,
credit card, etc.  Save this info to new session beans.  So, if the customer
leaves the checkout sequence, they won't have to re-enter all of their
customer info.
5. Then, on the final order submit page, commit all session beans to
database and email the customer an invoice of their order.  Upon submission,
all session beans should be cleared.

Here it is:
http://www.techrev.net/salestitan/_catalog.jsp?store_id=1

This is not too fancy, but configurable in the administrator portion of my
web-app.

-cm