Hi,

I have this fundalmental question.  I hope you can shed some lights for me.   I am
looking to see  what would be a common solution to my application.

My project is a web based application which will retrieve values from the informix
database, manupulate them, and send the results back to the requestors.  As far as
I understand, and was able to run a few examples, I noticed these:

      (1)   JSP can use JDBC to communicate with database directly
      (2)   Servlet can use JDBC to communicate with database directly
      (3)   Service Beans can use JDBC to communicate with database directly
      (4)   JSP can call Servlet as well as Java Bean

So, what should I use, since the scope of this project can be larger?   I am
looking for these qualities:  fast, easy to maintain, and simple.

      (1)   just use JSP only, use HTML like tag for  visual, and JDBDC directly
for accessing database?

or
      (2)   use JSP and Servlets, use HTML like tag for visual, and Servlets (jdbc
embeded) for accessing database?

or
      (3)   use JSP with Java Beans, use Visual Bean for visual and Service Bean
(jdbc embeded) for accessing database.?

Please help.  Thank you very much for your time.

TN