> Hi,
>  Here is my problem..I want to insert the current date to a table of a =
> database.How can I get the current date in java.sql.Date?I used the =
> following code,but I think it is not a good idea?Can anyone help me to =
> find a solution?
> The code is....,
> public java.sql.Date getDate()
> {
>     GregorianCalendar gc=new GregorianCalendar();
>      int y=gc.get(Calendar.YEAR);
>     int m=gc.get(Calendar.MONTH)+1;
>     int day=gc.get(Calendar.DATE);
>     String d=""+y+"-"+m+"-"+day;
>     java.sql.Date date1=java.sql.Date.valueOf(d);           /*string =
> to date*/
>   return date1;
> }

I also use this method, hope someone have a good solution.

> And I also want to convert java.sql.Date to a String of format '15 =
> Nov,2000'
> I used the following code,please send me a better way
>
> public String getString(java.sql.Date d2)
>   {
>     String mo[]=3D =
> {"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"}=
> ;
>     GregorianCalendar gc=new GregorianCalendar();
>     gc.setTime(d2);
>     int m=gc.get(Calendar.MONTH);
>     int year=gc.get(Calendar.YEAR);
>     int dy=gc.get(Calendar.DATE);
>     String str=""+dy+" "+mo[m]+","+year;
>     return str;
>   }

You can use SimpleDateFormat to do this.

java.text.SimpleDateFormat sf = new
java.text.SimpleDateFormat("dd-MM-yyyy" ); //you can use other format, check
javadoc
_date = sf.format(d2)    ;

> I'm using access db and there is only field for date&time ,then how can =
> I insert  current date & time to the table?
PrepareStatement have a method call setDate(java.sql.Date)  pass your date
to here, thats it.

> Andow can I show the time in HTML page with client's time zone using =
> JSP?

Other please.