Hello

I have a special need in setting up Tomcat.

I have JBuilder 4 Professional installed, which comes with JDK 1.3 and
Tomcat which reside in subdirectories as follows:

Tomcat: C:\JBuilder4\Tomcat
JDK1.3: C:\JBuilder4\jdk1.3

I want to enable the launching of Tomcat stand-alone from JBuilder to
replace PWS. I have followed the Tomcat Minimalistic User's Guide and done
the following:

- Added the following to my autoexec.bat:

SET TOMCAT_HOME="C:\JBuilder4\tomcat";
SET JAVA_HOME="C:\JBuilder4\jdk1.3";

The last step of the installation instructions state, "...then add the Java
interpreter to your PATH envrionment variable..."

I am totally brand new to java; what is the Java interpreter, and where does
it reside?

Finally, the Tomcat setup stipulates that JDK installation is required to
use it. Will I have any troubles considering I have not actually installed
JDK 1.3, or does the JBuilder install JDK 1.3 for me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Fond Regards

Edward Garson
Channel 4 Television Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically
stated.  This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended
If you have received this email in error, please notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED]