>Hello everybody,
>
>I've recently shifted from ASP to JSP.

Good choice!

>Many people suggest us to use beans to encapsulate business logic. But I've
>come to know that we have to restart the web server when we upgrade the
>bean.

It depends on which App server you're using.

> This thing is not very practical when our JSP site is hosted on a busy
>server. But if we put all business logic in JSP pages then our proprietary
>algorithms/trade offs are available to site owner (in case we develop JSP
>pages and hand it over to customer, who hosts them on his own web server).

I don't think it's a good idea to modify your application, or host an
application which is being developed in the final server. Use a development
server.

>So please help me to decide whether we should put business logic in beans
or
>JSP pages itself.

The purpose of JavaBeans is to provide reusable components, and in this case
to separate the  page design and generation from business logic. You should
consider working this way, you'll get cleaner and easier to mantain and
understand code.