I remember how green I was when I began programming and how green I am
when I go into a totally new area for myself.

If I have time I don't mind pointing the way to someone who needs help.
If I feel that the person needs to invest more effort in their research
I'll suggest a book or a web site.

I belong to several technical forums.

Every now and then I remind myself that I am under no obligation to
take my time to write a post and of my bosses to-do list.  Given that,
I can't see posting to a forum unless I have help to offer or I need
help myself.

Steve

=====