I normally don't.  I use the entry page to authenticate the
username/password and then just store the user's info, like name, last
logged on, access level in a bean.  I then code each page with this rule:
"if for some reason the user bean is null, then show an error message
instead of the normal page."

The user bean will be null if the username/password authentication scheme
fails *or* if the session becomes invalid (usually an automatic 15 minutes
timeout).

I've used this approach for 3 different web-app projects and it works great.

-CM

-----Original Message-----
From: matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 1:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: passing data between pages


whats the best way to send a username and password between jsp pages?

===========================================================================
To unsubscribe: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "signoff
JSP-INTEREST".
For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST
DIGEST".
Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

 http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html
 http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.html
 http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=JSP
 http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=Servlets

===========================================================================
To unsubscribe: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "signoff JSP-INTEREST".
For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".
Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

 http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html
 http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.html
 http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=JSP
 http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=Servlets

Reply via email to