Nagaraj.
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Straight, Christian
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 2:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: help needed with Apache-Jserv installer

Sushma,

I've been able to successfully install and run Apache/Tomcat on a local NT
box as follows:

1.      download and install Apache
2.      download Tomcat from http://jakarta.apache.org using the Release
Build for Windows: jakarta-tomcat.zip
3.      download the WIN32 connector DLL from the
jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/bin/win32/i386 folder called
"ApacheModuleJServ.dll"
4.      unzip Tomcat into a directory of choice - I stuck mine in the Apache
Group directory
5.      start Apache
6.      in Command Prompt, navigate to the Tomcat directory and into bin....
execute "startup" at the command prompt and if everything's talking to each
other correctly that should be it.  Tomcat listens to port 8080...so test it
by http://localhost(or_servername):8080/

good luck
Christian Straight