Try creating a subdir under $TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT called ED and stick
an index.html in there which points to your .jsp file.
Then you should be able to hit the index.html page with
http://localhost:8080/ED
Good luck..
Dick S.

At 02:30 PM 1/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm quite new to JSP, etc. and need some help on configuring Tomcat.
>I've managed to download and install Tomcat and Apache and have done
>some configuration. I'm able to start Apache and Tomcat successfully. I
>created a new sub dir 'myapp' off of  TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\examples\jsp
>and then moved my apps .JSP and .HTML files to the new dir. Since
>/examples was already setup as a context I figured this would be the
>quickest way to test my app. I open the main HTML page of the app then
>click on a link to a second HTML page. From there  I click on a Submit
>button which is supposed to cause a myapp.jsp file to be executed. But
>IE just dumps the file contents into the browser windows (Netscape
>doesn't do anything). I suspect that there's a minor little config thing
>I need to setup but I just can't seem to find it at the moment.
>
>Ideas ?
>
>Ed
>
>ps: I'm on Windows 2000.
>
>--
>Ed Swartz
>President
>
>Sandy Pond Consulting Group, Inc
>
>Software Development
>
>75 Sandy Pond Road #11
>Ayer, MA 01432
>
>978.772.0888 v
>978.772.1353 f
>
>www.sandypondconsulting.com

>JSP-INTEREST".
>For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".
>Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

-
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Anne  Arundel  Community  College
  (410)541-2424    ***    Speed the net!