Hi all there, Happy New Year!

I'm just starting with JSP, Beans, and JDBC. I'm trying to do a typical
e-commerce site.
In the first step of this developing, I'm just doing a page to get SQL
commands that
are sent to the Database and then... are executed.

I use a Bean to access the Database.
The Bean creates a ConnectionPool with an initial amount of
PooledConnections.
The user first accesses index.jsp that creates a new instance of the bean
and then
redirects to another page with a form for SQL inputs.

One of my dilemas is:
As far I know, connection pooling let's have multiple opened connections
to my database
that are used or unused by users. So if the connection pool has 10
connections in it,
then 10 users will be able to send queries to the database.
Am I right? if not please tell me.

Another dilema is that I don't know if that ConnectionPool is shared by
multiple users or,
since every user creates a new instance of the bean and it creates a new
instance of
ConnectionPool, then every user will have its own Connection Pool with
its own 10 opened
connections... if this is the case, then, what's the utility of the
Connection Pool?
And if it's the first case (shared), how do I do that? and how can it be
possible? As
I think, it will be the second case, and then I don't know why use
connection pool.

Sure that it must be explained somewhere but my problem is that I'm a
newbie with Java and
I can understand some english, but technical english is some kind of
difficult. I haven't
found the answer to my doubts anywhere, that's why I'm trying here.

Thank's in advance.