-----Original Message-----
From: G.Nagarajan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 January 2001 13:43
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Manne,
>re-use is much easier if the code is encapsulated in a good bean.

I agree, just transferring code from a jsp page into a bean does not make it
re-usable. But, in the case of database handling, there is some code which
is
common like opening the connection, etc. What I do is to have a separate
class which hides the details of connecting to the database etc. It also
provides
methods for adapting to different JDBC drivers (when using transactions,
joins etc)
and for adapting data values to the selected database.

>But solution 3. still seems the best, although a simpler architecture could
>be ok if the app is very simple and the logic is not likely to be re-used
in
>later projects.
if one is learning jsp then it is ok.

regards,