Malla Reddy,

Not only is this an inappropriate question for this and the Servlet
list but it has been asked, answered, and reposted to the on the JSP
list just with a different email address.

At the risk of starting another flame fest on both the JSP and Servlet
interest list over questions like this and the effort of the asker in
solving their problem I am sending one of the only positive things that
did come to life in the feeding frenzy.  A previous post from one of
the engineers from Sun on inappropriate/off-topics questions I have
pasted the quote.  I thank the person who originally brought this post
back out into the open.

<Quote>
Let me make it very clear why asking (and answering) off-topic
questions is counterproductive.

As anyone who recognizes my name will tell you, I'm one of the folks
who knows quite a bit about servlets :-).  Coupled with that, my
personality drives me to want to share what I know, and to help
people.  Over the last few years, I have answered hundreds (maybe even
thousands?) of such questions.

But (there is always a but ...) my time available to do this is limited.

At the moment, I have more than 250 messages (just from the last two
days) in my SERVLET-INTEREST folder that I haven't read yet.  Usually,
I do that while waiting for compiles, or having my first morning
coffee, or whatnot.  However, a quick scan of the message headers says
that well over 50% of these messages are off topic.  Even though I know
the answers to most of the questions about JDBC drivers and such, that
is not why I'm here -- I want to share what I know about building web
apps with servlet and JSP technology.

As a result, over the last few months, and as the percentage of off
topic questions and answers has dramatically increased, I spend less
and less time on SERVLET-INTEREST.  It simply takes too much time to
scan and ignore the off-topic stuff, so I don't even have time to
notice the questions that can and should be answered.

This is not what I want.  This should not be what you want either.

The way to avoid that is to be polite to the folks like me, who *want*
to answer relevant questions.  And that politeness revolves around
respecting the rules of the community in which we are participating
here.  Both asking, and answering, off topic questions violates that
principle of respect, and discourages high quality exchanges about the
single topic we all want to talk about, or we wouldn't have joined in
the first place.

Thanks for letting me pontificate a little, although I had to violate a
personal policy (to never respond to an off-topic post) to do it :-).

Craig McClanahan
</Quote>