From: Geert Van Damme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 February 2001 20:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: java.sql question

Well, IMHO some of the answers were a magnitide dummer than the original
question.

Besides the "out of the office" replies, that's the most annoying thing on
this list.
Of topic questions, I can live with, but if you do answer a question, please
check whether you're more or less correct. I don't mind a typo or a non
optimal solution, but if you're not sure about your answer, please state so.
If someone answers to the original "java.sql question"
"Select * from tab"
without any more explanation, that reallty pisses me off.
It's just giving bad advice. If he at least said
"well, with the DBMS I use, you could try something like ..."

but no,

Honestly, I think the average level of answers on this list is far below
zero.
What are we gonna do about that?

Geert Van Damme