We are using a netscape proxy server in front of weblogic 5.1 to act as a
login authenticator.  When users request a particular file they first hit
the proxy server (which prompts them for username/password), and then, if
they are authenticated they are redirected to the weblogic server to get the
page they need.

When they then enter form data on that page and hit submit, they access the
proxy server again, which knows they're authenticated, and then they are
immediately passed to the weblogic server.

The weblogic server is what services all our pages - which are, in reality,
all JSP's.

The JSP's use the session object to hold onto attributes between pages.
When we don't use the netscape proxy server, the session data works
beautifully.  However, when we use the proxy as described above, we lose all
session data (getAttribute requests all return NULL).

Have we misconfigured something?  Is it really the proxy causing us to loose
session data or am I looking in the wrong place?  Any thoughts?

Thanks
-mike