Bill,

Access is not really a network RDBMS, so in order to get ODBC access to
it, your Solaris box would need to have access to the filesystem of the
Windows box.. Do you have that capability? Once you do, you would need
some sort of ODBC driver for the Unix side.  While I personally have not
used it and am not up on its capabilities, I remember seeing something
called OpenODBC which was part of my linux install...(www.openodbc.org).

Is there any particular reason that Access needs to be used in this case?
If cost is the concern, you might want to look at MySQL. Gives you all the
capabilities of access and more - just not as pretty :) -

Anil