It doesn't matter what specific type it is - It's a JspWriter, as you've
said, and you can use the interface as the parameter type. Basic Java.
(Well, okay, Java 102, not Java 101.)

See the Java Tutorial for more on this stuff (http://java.sun.com/tutorial)
and try reading the error messages literally next time. They're not written
in gibberish.