ActionListener is spelt incorrectly

Nilz

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Joseph Kimo Kreis
Sent: 08 February 2001 16:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: I am a beginner

Hello I got my java program to work if I type in java it works.  If I type
in javac it work.  But when I made a simple program like for a button on an
applet it says:

import java.applet.Applet;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;

public class clicker extends Applet implements ActionListener{

TextField text1;
Button button1;

        public void init(){
                text1 =new TextField(20);
                add(text1);
                button1 = new Button ("Click Here!");
                add (button1);
                button1.addActionListner(this);
        }

        public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent event){
                String msg = new String ("Welcome to Java");
                if( event.getSource() == button1){
                        text1.setText(msg);

There error says:

clicker.java:15: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : method addActionListner (clicker)
location: class java.awt.Button
                butto1.addActionListner(this)
                      ^

I Don't understand what that means I got this example out of a book "Java 2
Complete." Does this book suck?
If you know how to solve my problem can you help.  And can you point me in
the right direction for book that I need to get.

Thank you
~
~~
~~~