I seem to have run across the same trend... I've played with a ot of the things that
were supposedly going to "replace Java or JSP" (PHP for example). I like the
alternatives, some things they do better than Java, some not, but I don't see Java
having any sort of problems stay9ing afloat.

Also, since XML seems to be such a big catch word recently in a lot of dynamic page
contexts, would anyone be willing to explain what some of the main differences are
between XML and HTML? I looked at some XML stuff and it seems a lot easier to code
in, but it also seems to lack some of the definite form and detail that HTML has
(which really worries me)... is there any truth to that observation? Thanks in
advance..

-Daniel