Hi, this is both on and off topic, but more off topic than on I feel.
Here is the situation:
        We have a JSP in the root directory that allows a user to enter
their username and password, and this JSP posts to a servlet to do the
processing.  When the servlet completes the processing is does a
response.sendRedirect to an HTML page.  This HTML page is nothing but a
frameset that references a head.html, and two JSPs that are also in the root
directory of our server.

Environments:
        It works fine in our development machines VAJava 3.02, and AS/400
v4r5 running WebSphere 2.0.
        It works fine on our production machine, running AS/400 v4r4 and
WebSphere 2.0.
        It is failing (only for our subscribers) on our disaster recovery
machine that is also running AS/400 v4r4 and WebSphere 2.0.
        The HTTP configuration, and our application are identical on our
production machine, and disaster recovery machine.

Problem:
        While attempting to test our disaster recovery machine, we found
that our subscribers are getting 404's for all the frames in our home
frameset.
        It appears that after they log on that the servlet does the send
redirect, they are requesting the header, and JSPs that make up the frameset
from, the root/servlet/
directory, not the root directory as they should be.  Also, after the
servlet does the sendRedirect the url or our logon servlet is being
displayed in the client's URL field of their browser, however this does not
happen in any of our other environments AND it does not happen when we try
to access the application from within our own intranet.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but from what I've been able to tell from the API specs,
is the behavior the client is seeing on our disaster recover machine is
closer to the behavior that should be expected from a request.forward(), not
a response.sendRedirect().  I was under the assumption that a
response.sendRedirect() would cause the client's browser to behave as if the
user themselves had typed the URL in their browser, whereas a forward would
simply leave the browser url that of the page/servlet doing the forward,
even though the HTML that would be displayed would be that of the page that
was forwarded to.

Any comments, ideas, or other resources to look at would be greatly
appreciated.

Joseph Karau
Kingland Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]