check if the textbox has some spaces ..due to which it is neither getting
the length as 0 nor getting the value ""

Maulik

-----Original Message-----
From: sufi malak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 11:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Javascript ( validation form)

I have a form in form.html and the action for processing its form is called
add.jsp, I want to make sure that the fields are valid, but when I submit
the form get processed even if the fields are empty, please help me.
the form.html is like this :
<script language="JavaScript">
function validateForm () {
if (document.form1.l_name.value.length == 0 || document.form1.l_name.value
== "") {
        alert ("Referred by last name should not be empty");
        return (false);

  } else if (document.form1.f_name.value.length == 0 ||
document.form1.f_name.value == "") {
        alert ("Referred by first name should not be empty");
        return (false);

  } else return true;
}
</script>

<form name="form1" action="addrewarded.jsp" method=POST onSubmit="return
validateForm()">