Alot people has asked this question over and over again.

And there are a few solutions for this.

If your data sets are small then it's better to store all returned records
in a bean and handle the prev and next with a index.  (Save SQL query
overhead)

However if you anticipate using prev/next then your data sets must intend
to be really big.  People have suggested storing unique key and query the
Database each time pre/next is requested.

It's a memory and performance trade-off.  Does anyone have a good solution
for this?