I have an Order form in JSP. There are a number of fields, e.g. Product
Code, Deliver Location, which requires the ability to popup a window with a
list of valid values when the user keys in a generic code like '*'. After
the user selects on the list, the window will close and the value will be
displayed on the field in the Order form.

I have tried loading all the valid values to the combo box option list when
the page is loaded. But this proves inefficient considering the large amount
of records needed to be loaded in the page.

Is there a better way to do this in JSP (or java beans)?

Regards
Will