I think this is a known issue for IE 5.5.  I noticed that when I was downloading the
JSSE package from the www.sun.com site, they had special instructions to right-click
somewhere and select Save As... if you had IE 5.5.  I'm not sure the solution -
whatever it is, it seems that Sun doesn't know it, either.

Todd

Hello Friends

I am working on download application.. it is working in Netscape but when
come to IE5.5 it perform differently.

I hava a jsp which contain a link to down load this jsp page as a any
extension  file.

I use response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;
filename= result.txt;");

it works great in IE5.0, it pop up the save as dialog box and shown the
default flie name as result.txt.

but... in IE5.5, it performs differently. instead of pop up the save as
dialog box, it just directly display as file name is attach and save as type
is Netscape Hypertext document file in the browser save dialog box

does someone know how to solve the problem???

urgent help needed!  Please.. I stuck with this problem.. I searched the
java fourms, but I couldn't get the solution..

Please help me, I will thankful to u.

Thanks & Regards,
Malla Reddy Choodi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]