I ran a quick test on the performance of using the "include page" tag versus
"include file" tag.

 Using ServletExec I found include files to be about 200 times faster....
 Include pages are a much more elegant  approach than include files, but the
 question is does the elegance outweigh the performance hit?  Any comments
on
 this issue???

 I got the idea of using include pages to handle content that changes a lot
 on our web site...put this content in an include page and it separates the
 content from the rest of the HTML/JSP code that is more structural (not
 content, but navigation and the like).  This approach has an advantage over
 include files in that the servlet container will automatically detect
 changes.  Also, you can pass params into the include page.  I got this idea
 by seeing WebLogic's "weblets" that approximate this behavior.  I'm not
sure
 if WebLogic used JSP include pages or not for their implementation.

 Go to http://wwwExcite.com to see the type of thing I'm talking
 about....each of their little windows could be an include page.

 Comments??