in the call to MultipartRequest, all you need to do is replace the "."
parameter with the path to the desired directory.  i.e.  MultipartRequest
multi = new MultipartRequest(request, "C:\tomcat\webapps\myapp\images"); .

-----Original Message-----
From: sufi malak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 9:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MultipartRequest (saveDirectory) ??

Hi, I am using the class MultipartRequest for uploading files under tomcat,
it works fine, but the files go to :
C:\tomcat\bin
I am looking to put them in
C:\tomcat\webapps\myapp\images

The servlet that UploadTest that use the class MultipartRequest is like this
:
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

import com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest;

public class UploadTest extends HttpServlet {

  public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
                                throws ServletException, IOException {
    res.setContentType("text/html");
    PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();
    try {
      MultipartRequest multi =
        new MultipartRequest(req, ".", 5 * 1024 * 1024);

I need to change "." from the constructor so that my uploaded files go to
C:\tomcat\webapps\myapp\images

Please help.
Thanks