Hi All,

I m trying for a http download from a server. For this at the client side i am
having
an applet which initiates the dowloading process. And at server side i have a
servlet
or a jsp that does some encoding and pushing process to the client for the files
through a URL connection. But i want to skip the encoding process at the server
side
through the use of any stardard API.

Like for example i can use Class.getResourceAsStream() in my applet class for
getting a file stream of the file on the server.  But the problem here is that
the particular
file should be in the context i.e i can only give relative path. But what i want
is that
my path of the file should not be relative and but real path like ....

     c:/abc.txt  ( on server )

But as expected it does not work... as the Class Loader is does not able locate
it.
So here come the problem...

 "Can I be able to use the real path to do the same job through the use
getResourceAsStream()
     or some other  API if i can modify the Class Loader. If then how can i
achive this..??? "

Please help me out in what i think or if there is any other better way of doing
this then
please me know...

regards,

Abhishek Vishwakarma