Hi Maizatulakmam,

You must submit this form, and use the command:

<%
  String selectedValue =
request.getParameter("selectionobject");
%>

  in the JSP you submit which you submit this page to.
The value you specified in the <option> tag which you
selected will be assigned to the variable
selectedValue.

Regards,
Vincent

--- Maizatulakmam Ali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 的郵件內容: > Hi!
JSP-INTEREST,
>  I would like to know is there anyway to get
> selectedindex value from
>  selection object by using Javascript and assign it
> to a java variable
>  in JSP
>
>  example : <script >
>            function getIndex(){
>               ????? =

window.document.selectionobject.options[0].selectedIndex;