haha...it's only confusing when you describe it.

put it in simple words (I think what's you've been trying to describe):
1. your app is the only app
that's accessing the DB;
2. you are trying to do read/write to the DB
3. you get table is locked error.

Solution:
someone has suggested,
1. close your DB connection after trieving the records.
2. reopen your db connection to update a record