Hi all,

I am using Netscape Iplanet Web Server and JSP.I am trying out a
cryptography module. Now my application is made and is working fine
using  Tomcat on a trial basis. But when I put these application on
iPlanet, JSP Compiler is throwing an Classformat error. It is showing
the message for a particular Java class which is used for cryptography.
The specific message is Illegal constant pool type.

Given below is the error message::

 failure ( 4941): Internal error: exception thrown from the servlet
service function (uri=/cryptix/intro.jsp): java.lang.ClassFormatError:
DES (Illegal constant pool type), Stack: java.lang.ClassFormatError: DES
(Illegal constant pool type)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Compiled Code)
        at Profile.(Profile.java:86)
        at Profile.getInstance(Profile.java:65)
        at Logintry.createRequest(Compiled Code)
        at _jsps._cryptix._intro_jsp._jspService(_intro_jsp.java:91)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:826)
        at
com.netscape.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.Service(NSServletRunner.java:497)

Any help on this would be great.
Thanks
Sankar