Please check the Tomcat User list Archives.
(http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/index.jsp)

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnab Nandi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 6:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Apache Tomcat configuration in UNIX

Hi all,
I have the following problem.

I have installed Apache1.3.12 and Tomcat 3.2.2 on a unix server in our
project directory.

These two servers are working fine when run individually.

In order to make tomcat listen for apache using jserv adaptor I need to
create mod_jserv.so file by using apxs command.

When I run apxs command I get an error displaying :
Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available under your platform. Make
sure apache module mod_so is compiled in your server.

The source code of Tomcat is in directory :
<HOME>/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2-src/src/native/apache/jserv

The command used to create mod_jserv.so file is
apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c

Any information will be of great help.
Thanks in advance,
Arnab