From: "Pantarotto, Sio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [JSP-INTEREST] cannot resolve symbol

I never read anywhere that you cannot call your bean the way you want.

I read though that a class to be a java bean needs to follow some strict
rules as

1) provide a default constructor with no arguments ( so any IDE can easily
instantiate a bean without not knowing to much about it)

2) provide set and get methods to all attributes you want to expose and
allow people to set values.

But I never read that you must follow conventions on naming a java bean. IF
this is true, please, provide me the URL because e this is something that
really interests me.

I do follow conventions because I DO NOT WANT to be out of java developers
scope, but I really like to understand when something is based just in a
convention or when something needs to be done in a certain way as a rule.

Thanks

Siomara