See http://virtualschool.edu/jwaa for an alternative to the whole
JSP/taglibs/XML html-centric approach, which I used heavily until I
realized there was far too much rope pushing for my tastes. JWAA does
everything JSP does, but does it entirely on the development server,
at compile time

The space advantage is 28kb run-time overhead (compared to
Tomcat/JSP/Taglibs/Velocity which are more than 10 times larger). The
security advantage is that no compilers need be installed on
deployment servers, just the JRE. I've not compared speed at this
point.

At 11:47 AM -0700 7/20/01, Steve Bang wrote:
>In Professional JSP, it briefly mentions that the use of custom tags may
>impact application performance by adding an additional layer to the
>processing.  Does anyone have any insights that can be shared about
>extensive use of custom tags and performance impacts?  Are the performance
>impacts only experienced on the initial compilation of the pages, or are
>there other issues?
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

>JSP-INTEREST".
>For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".
>Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

For industrial age goods there were checks and credit cards.
For everything else there is mybank.dom at http://virtualschool.edu/mybank
Brad Cox, PhD; [EMAIL PROTECTED] 703 361 4751