From: Srdjan Pantic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 10:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: WebLogic

> Most likely you have to force WebLogic to use the /servlet/
> path mapping.
> Keep in mind the /servlet/ is a security issue because any
> servlet can be
> invoked when used in this manner. In general, you should
> ALWAYS map your
> servlets via paths or extension mapping and never use the
> /servlet/ call.
> Its fine for development and testing, but ideally get away from it.

  Yes, that is fine with single servlet, I can just add to web.xml
 for eBiz application:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>TestServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.asucon.ebiz.test.web.TestServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>TestServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>test</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

  But if I have application with couple hundred servlets that
is not easy to
 do and its not possible for every single developer to add new sevlet to
 mapping and than to restart the web application.

  I understand security but security issue is covered in
application. You
can't
 just type in some servlets and jump inside the application.

  Therefore there must be some way to workaround.

  Thank you for helping.

  --Srdjan

"signoff JSP-INTEREST".
For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set
JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".